Here are 25 things to look for when buying dehumidifiers. With so many brands and models in the market, it is never easy to make up your mind on what to purchase. This list will guide you on what factors you need to consider and what details you need to look closely before buying dehumidifiers. Dehumidifiers are such an important product to buy especially, to those who are having problems with too much moisture in their homes. Excess moisture could lead to certain diseases which is a big no to all households.
25 Things to Pay Attention to When Buying Dehumidifiers
1. Brand. Big and famous manufacturers have included dehumidifiers as part of their appliances line up. You could also check on new and not so known brands that are receiving good reviews and feedbacks from buyers.
2. Price. Price is an important factor in buying dehumidifier. There are expensive and cheap units but always make sure that even if you are buying a cheaper one, it is still reliable and effective.
3. Features. Manufacturers usually upgrade their units. The latest one is much better or has more features than the previous model. Determine what you want in a dehumidifier and start from there.
4. Technology. Technology plays a vital role in dehumidifiers. You would be impressed on how well technology is integrated to unit for better outcome.
5. Design. Majority of the designs of dehumidifiers in the market are all clean and sleek. Whether you put in the basement or in a living room, you will never have to worry about it complementing in its surrounding.
6. Energy Efficiency. Choose a unit that is rated with an Energy Star. This means that the unit consumes less power and energy when operating.
7. User-friendly. Make sure that the dehumidifier you are eyeing is not difficult to use. It should be user-friendly even for those who know nothing about it.
8. Mobility. Your chosen unit should be portable and easy to move around your house.
9. Coverage Area. You need to check on how much space area the dehumidifier can cover for an effective moisture removal.
10. Noise Level. Though dehumidifiers are usually loud, choose one that emits lesser noise especially, if you have young children at home.
11. Dehumidifier Size. Choose a unit that is space-efficient and does not take up most of the space especially, if you have a small area.
12. Humidity Sensor. This is a helpful tool whenever you are not around or busy. This helps in maintaining your desired humidity level.
13. Filters. It is advisable that the unit’s filters are washable and anti-microbial.
14. Drain Pump. Check the unit has built-in pumps. Some units do not include this and you have to buy one.
15. Water Tank Size. If your area is too damp, maybe you need to have a 70-pint water tank. This way you do not have to constantly empty the tank.
16. Display Screen. Most units are placed in basements so make sure that the display screen is easy to read. It is a plus when it is lighted with LED and touch controlled.
17. Power Cord. Many buyers usually do not notice how important the length of the cord is until they are required to buy an extension cord.
18. Auto-restart. Auto-restart comes handy when there is a sudden power outage.
19. Auto- defrost. In places with very low temperatures, ice or frost would start building up around the coil and this tool prevents ice from forming.
20. Continuous Operation. Continuous operation is helpful to keep you from constantly emptying out the bucket.
21. Manual. Read the manual and understand it. Manuals are important to guide you on how to properly use, manage and care the unit.
22. Warranty. Most units have one-year warranty while others have two years. Ask about the warranty and the inclusion.
23. Repair Service Center. Look for a brand that has an accessible repair service center in your area.
24. Customer Service. Read reviews and learn how friendly and accommodating the brand’s customer service is. The last thing you need is an argument with an agent over a dehumidifier.
25. Good Reviews. Even before buying, read on the internet on how the product performs in terms of everything on this list. Reviews are very helpful and useful in making a good decision.
How you found this list of what to pay attention to when buying dehumidifiers useful. Here we are dedicated to only the best dehumidifier reviews.