This is the high-end brother of the 5300. The Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner has higher performance metrics in all areas. The Winix WAC5500 boasts high ACH ratings, a large coverage area, and the Winix trademark plasma wave technology. It removes common air pollutants wtihout producing ozone. Final score from our Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner review: 98/100.
Product dimensions: 16” by 9” by 22”. Weighing only 16 pounds, it is lightweight yet powerful.
Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner Pictures
|Front||Side||Tilt||Filter Lid||Remote Control|
- Infra-red sensor and other advanced sensors – my favorite. This allows the air purifier to adjust its performance accordingly based on air quality. This minimizes white noise and helps you save electricity
- More performance for those who need it – with ACH ratings of 240/230/250, this is among the most powerful air purifiers in the market
- Pre-filter is washable – this makes it easy to clean and ensures you don’t need to find replacements regularly
- Remote control – if you are lying in bed and want to adjust the fan speed, just use the remote. No need to get out of bed
- Slightly more expensive than the 5300 but I would argue it is one of the best bargains in the market for what you get at this price.
Coverage area of 350 square feet is very generous. No need to worry about needing multiple air purifiers in the same household
Air Changes Per Hour (ACH Rating)
5 air changes per hour – as is customary for most air purifiers
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR Rating)
240/230/250 for dust, smoke, and pollen respectively. This measures the ability of the air purifier to remove common air pollutants and is an industry-wide metric. 230+ is very impressive.
Up to 70 watts of energy usage at the highest performance setting – still less than that of a light bulb
2-years extended, more than sufficient to ensure any defects are taken care of