The Germ Guardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System measures 7” by 10” by 22” and is super lightweight, weighing only 7 pounds. Main difference between germ guardian air purifiers and those of other brands is the UV-C technology – Germ Guardian uses UV-C light to kill bacteria and viruses, while also activating titanium dioxide to decompose odor molecules. Final score from our Germ Guardian AC4825 Air Cleaning System Review: 98/100.
Germ Guardian AC4825 Air Purifier Pictures
- Three levels of filters – this is called a 3-in-1 system because it uses: a charcoal pre-filter with activated carbon, a true HEPA filter that captures 99.7% of airborne particles, and UV-C light to treat germs. Triple level air purification!
- Created for those with allergic reactions – this air purifier with its UV technology does an exceptional job of removing common allergens. Many users have had stuffed, blocked noses / various other allergic reactions that have disappeared after using this air purifier for a while
- Reasonable CADR ratings – 100+ is generally sufficient for most purposes
- Energy efficient – uses only 55W, less than that of a lightbulb
- Affordable – all of the above makes for a sweet deal
- Higher settings can be loud – if set to high power settings, this 3-in-1 air purifier can be loud. However, this is usually only needed for short periods of time – after you have opened the window for a long time, etc. White noise on normal settings is fine – you can easily sleep through it
- Coverage area of 155 square feet may not be big enough for large houses – in which case you should get one air purifier for each room you want to clean out
Covers 155 square feet, which is around the industry average and is sufficient for most of us
Air Changes Per Hour (ACH Rating)
The Germ Guardian AC4825 3-in-1 air purifier generates 5 air changes per hour
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR Rating)
Clean Air Delivery Rate of 100 / 100 / 100 is above average. Combined with its UV-C technology, it is highly effective at removing the most common air pollutants such as smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, germs and bacteria.
Average energy usage of 55 watts is another great feature of this air purifier – it will save you a lot in utilities bills down the road.
Three-year limited warranty is on the stingy side, but users have not reported any issues with product build – it is certainly one of the more durable products.
Very affordable for this range of features and high power performance. The Germ Guardian AC4825 would be a safe investment in your health.
Germ Guardian AC4825: Check Price on Amazon