The Germ Guardian AC5000 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System is the big brother to the popular AC4825. It is more powerful with higher CADR ratings and additional filter technology to remove pet dander. Slightly larger at 10” by 7” by 28”, and slightly heavier at 9.6 pounds.
As with other Germ Guardian air purifiers, the AC5000 uses UV-C technology to alter the DNA of germs and bacteria so they cannot survive. This is an effective way to rid the air in your living environment of common contaminants. It also produces titanium dioxide to decompose odor molecules, effectively leaving your room smelling clean and fresh. Final score from our Germ Guardian AC5000 Air Cleaning System Review: 97/100.
Germ Guardian AC5000: Check Price on Amazon
Germ Guardian AC5000 Pictures
- Even more powerful than the AC4825, with CADR ratings of 125+. This will ensure a thorough cleaning out of the space you live in.
- Ultra quiet operation minimizes white noise. This air purifier is quieter than most other air purifiers
- UV-C technology is unique and is particularly suitable for those suffering from allergies
- Also has a pet pure filter which is important for those who have pets and need to filter out pet dander
- Slightly more expensive than the AC4825
- Three year warranty is on the stingy side
193 square feet coverage area large enough for most rooms / purposes
Air Changes Per Hour (ACH Rating)
This air purifier has an ACH rating in line with the industry – 5 per hour for its coverage area. Pretty standard.
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR Rating)
This is the more powerful Germ Guardian brand, with CADR ratings of 125+ for smoke, pollen and dust. Its UV-C technology also ensures a thorough de-odorization of your living environment
Germ Guardian air purifiers are highly energy efficient, and this one is no different, with average energy usage of 55 Watts.
The warrany for Germ Guardian air cleaners is standard, at three years. This is adequate but I would of course prefer a longer warranty.
The Germ Guardian AC5000 is inexpensive and worth the few extra dollars for the higher performance.