Keystone KSTAP14A review score: 99/100. This is a delightfully powerful 14,000 BTU portable air conditioner that is made for all of your cooling needs. Unlike the portable air conditioners, window air conditioning systems need to be installed in a window frame. Portable air conditioners are placed on the floor and have wheels to make to easier to transport around the home. They are perfect for temporary use and extended use.
In most cases, a portable air conditioner is put on the ground in the location where cooling is needed. The time to set up and get started is very minimal. One of the most convenient features to this type of air conditioner is the fact that it has castor wheels. This simply means that you are not limited to just one room.
Keystone KSTAP14A Specs
- This unit has the power to cool down a room of up to 700 square feet
- This unit allows you to choose your level of cooling with three different cooling speeds.
- The unit has a digital control panel
- You do not have to get up every time you want to change the speed. It is remote controlled
- 14,000 BTU
- BTU is the acronym for British Thermal Unit and it is the measurement of the energy that is required to be able to cool or heat one pound of water by 1 degree.
- Uses a self- evaporative system
- The reason this is necessary is because cooled air creates moisture that will build up in you room. Especially, on a humid day. The self evaporative features get rid of the moisture without you having to lift a finger.
- It has an LED display
- Has a single exhaust hose design
- The single hose takes the hot air out of the room, while the condenser and compressor parts of the air conditioner cools the air. Then a fan take that cool air and distributes it out into the room.
Keystone KSTAP14A 14,000 BTU
The Keystone KSTAP14A works like most portable air conditioners. The main purpose of a portable air conditioner is to take the hot and humid air out of one of the room and turn it into cool, comfortable, and fresh air. This particular portable air conditioner uses a single exhaust hose system to cool the room. The single hose takes the hot air out of the room, while the condenser and compressor parts of the air conditioner cools the air. Then a fan takes that cool air and distributes it out into the room.
- A single hose unit uses air from the vents
- It converts the vent air into cooler air by a system consistent to that of a refrigerator.
- The cooler air is then released into the air and the hot air is expelled through the single hose, which is usually placed to hang out of the window.
Pros and Cons
- Uses a self- evaporative system
- There are three different speeds for optimum cooling
- Remote controlled
- The unit is not very quiet
- It is very expensive
Why is this product a must-have?
The answer as to why this product is necessary is quite simple; Comfort. Air conditioners make the room more comfortable. A portable air conditioner can bring you the right amount of cooling in whichever room you desire. It is convenient and just the right tool to fight those smoking hot summer days. Having this portable air conditioner will make live so much easier and it will make the room more liveable. Central air conditioning does not leave an option for each room. It is a set temperature for the whole house. That might not be appealing for everyone in the house. Whit you own source of air, you can control it to become the perfect amount for you. I know this this from experience! As a college professor, I spend all day in a room with dozens of students that are emitting a lot of body heat. Most times, the central air conditioning does not reach our room and just does not do enough. The heat makes learning, and teaching, much harder than it should be. I was so relieved when I bought the Keystone KSTAP14A. It works so well and It is quiet enough where I do not have to yell over it.
Questions to ask yourself before making your decision
How big of a room can this unit handle?
The Keystone KSTAP14A can handle cooling a room of up to 700 square feet.
Will maintenance be a struggle?
The maintenance for this product is very minimal. The self- evaporative process takes all of the work out of the product. You do not have to lift a finger after you set it up, unless you want to move it.
Will I be able to easily set up the unit?
The fact that this product has only one hose means that it is automatically easier to install.
Great service does not come cheap. The biggest question is whether or not you are willing to pay the price for effectiveness. If you are, as you saw in this Keystone KSTAP14A review, this is the perfect portable air conditioner for you. The Keystone is very powerful and it has the ability to cool a room of up to 700 square feet.