In today’s review we focus on the Port A Cool KuulAire PACKA53 Portable Evaporative Cooler. The Port A Cool KuulAire PACKA53 Portable Evaporative Air Cooling Unit is one of the most effective coolers to purchase if you want to ward off the heat in your home or office. You can envision doing all your daily chores or activities and not even being bothered by the heat anymore. You can stay at home and hang out with your family despite the fact that you may not be able to change the warm and dry climate you are in but you can have your own home be cool and comfy with an evaporative air cooler. The unit is exceptionally reliable.
Port A Cool KuulAire PACKA53 Portable Evaporative Air Cooler: The non-pump evaporative air cooler
Basically, this particular unit is only for indoor use and is necessary that you partially open windows and doors for air to continually circulate. The unit is a non-compressor type which means it is energy saving and does not use refrigerant gas in cooling. It uses only regular tap water and employs a rigid media pad, which is the heart of the cooling mechanism. Furthermore, this evaporative air cooler as well as others is only effective in areas with warm and dry climates where evaporative cooling proves cost effective rather than the regular air conditioners. Although if you use it in places with high humidity the cooler becomes ineffective since the humidity counteracts the evaporation of water needed to cool the air.
Additionally, this evaporative air cooler has three speed settings that allow consumers to choose for their own comfort. One very unique feature of this unit is that it does not use any pump to dampen the media with water and because it has no pump it is not prone to pump failures like other typical evaporative air coolers. It also features automatic swing louvers that can efficiently distribute air and on spot cooling. It has a water control valve that allows you to control the flow of water to the cooling pad. In case if you have less humidity you can put the valve on max and if you have high humidity you can set the valve to a minimum water flow. Although this particular evaporative cooler unit is only intended for indoor use it does perform well in doing just that. This unit can also easily be cleaned and maintained.
Technical Specs and Features
The KuulAire PACKA53 comes in a size of 30.7 inches 16.1 inches x 16.1 inches and it weighs around 24.5 pounds. In addition to the affordable price you can have it shipped into your home for free. It has a 1-year warranty on all of its parts and fully assembled and ready to use right out of the box. It does not need to be installed which makes it completely portable. Here are the full list of the specs and features of the unit:
• It has three fan speeds (low, medium and high) and produces a natural cool that does not need any refrigerant gas but only tap water.
• It has a 4-gallon water reservoir that has a runtime of 6 hours on maximum continued use. The water tank is easily detachable if it needs to be cleaned.
• It has a water control valve.
• It has a water level indicator to easily anticipate refilling with water.
• It has a CFM rating of 500.
• It can cover and cool a space of 325 square feet.
• It has automatic swing louvers for efficient air distribution.
• It has a timer that can run for up to eight hours and then automatically shuts off
• It has a remote control for across the room operation.
• It has a digital control panel.
• Its evaporative media is the rigid cooling media type that effectively drops temperature yet saves energy.
• It can be plugged-in in a standard 110V outlet.
• It is lightweight and has caster wheels for easy transport.
• Cord wrap that allows you to store the cord when the evaporative air cooler is not in use.
At this point, it is okay to be on edge about getting your own unit especially if you are concerned about the price. If it makes you feel much better, you should try to check out the customer reviews of the Port A Cool KuulAire PACKA53 Portable Evaporative Air Cooler online. At least, with doing that, you are rest assured that at the end of the day you will arrive with a very wise decision if you are to purchase a unit. You have all the time in the world to think about it. The good thing about reading reviews before purchasing is that you will be able to know if the product is of high quality. It helps you learn about the unit’s good qualities and all its shortcomings from the experience of consumers who have already bought the product. It will definitely save you the bother of returning products if you knew beforehand that a product is not right for you.
It ought to be noted that since it is a non-compressor unit and does not use refrigerant gas or other chemicals for cooling, you should not expect it to cool the same way a refrigerated ventilation system does.