The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Cleaner has a coverage of 350 square feet and is a 99.97% true HEPA filter. Weighing 19 pounds and measuring 19” by 10” by 24”, this air cleaner is a heavyweight. Final score from our Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Cleaner air purifier review: 95/100.
Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Cleaner Pictures
- PlasmaWave technology – this is unique to Winix air purifiers and makes for highly powerful air purification
- 3-stage air purification system – this multi-stage air purification system filters out the air effectively while ensuring durability (no need for frequent filter replacements
- 4 fan speeds – depending on whether you are sleeping or want quick purification, you can easily adjust the performance speed accordingly
- Odor removal – carbon pre-filter removes odors effectively
- Slightly expensive – but well worth the investment
- Large – this is a solid air purifier. You will need to place it on the ground
The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 covers 350 square feet. It is able to cover large rooms. Personally, I place it in the living room and it is able to clean out the air in the entire house.
Air Changes Per Hour (ACH Rating)
Winix air purifiers have a 5x ACH rating, similar to most other industry-wide air purifiers.
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR Rating)
The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 Air Cleaner has an outstanding Clean Air Delivery Ratings of 248, 236 and 252 for dust, smoke and pollen. With its PlasmaWave technology, it is able to break down large particles to the molecular level without producing ozone.
This air purifier uses only between 6 to 70 Watts in day-to-day operations. It is highly energy efficient and will save you a lot on your electricity bills in the long run.
It has a standard 1-year warranty / 2-years extended if you want the extra piece of mind.
The Winix PlasmaWave 5300 is a bargain given its strong performance and top-end technological improvements.